- The Open Space Visitor Center (OSVC) has exhibits interpreting the natural and cultural resources the Open Space Division protects.
- Open Space Visitor Center Gift Shop. Shop and support the Open Space Division and the Open Space Alliance!
- See a variety of art and media from local, national and international artists in the Open Space Visitor Center Gallery.
Open Space Lands Information
- MAPS! Download Open Space trail maps.
- City Open Space Space partners with Google to provide virtual tours of Open Space trails.
- View City of Albuquerque Open Space land information.
- Open Space Annual Pass form and information.
- See information on the Shooting Range State Park.
- Learn about paddle sports and other activities in the .
- Fire Restrictions and Closures on Open Space.
- Teachers, parents and students: learn about the Open Space Alliance's Get into Open Space! Transportation Awards.
- Find out about Trail Watch and Visitor Center volunteer programs and learn how to adopt an Open Space.
- Help out at an Annual Volunteer Event.
Open Space Featured Events
- View all upcoming events on the Open Space events calendar.
Open Space News
The Open Space Alliance
- Join the Open Space Division's non-profit friends group, the Open Space Alliance.
Rules and Regulations
- See a list of general Open Space rules and regulations for Visitors.
- Find out about general Parks and Recreation Department rules and regulations.
- Want to host a special event on Open Space lands? All special events require a permit! Please see our list of Open Space regulations for more information.
About the Open Space Division
Open Space works to acquire and protect the natural character of land designated as major public Open Space in the 1988 revised City of Albuquerque Comprehensive Plan.
These lands, which comprise more than 29,000 acres in and around Albuquerque, are managed to:
- Conserve natural and archaeological resources
- Provide opportunities for outdoor education
- Provide a place for low impact recreation
- Define the edges of the urban environment.
The Open Space Advisory Board
The Open Space Advisory Board consists of citizens that assist the Open Space Division with the implementation of the Division's Mission.
Contact Open Space Division Administrative Offices
Phone: (505) 452-5200 or 311
Email: [email protected]
Open Space Division
Parks and Recreation
P.O. Box 1293
Albuquerque, NM 87103
Administrative Offices Physical Address
3615 Los Picaros SE
Albuquerque, NM 87105
Open Space Visitor Center
6500 Coors NE
Albuquerque, NM 87120
Open Space Events
PARCH is a group art exhibition exploring the nature of water. Water has a transformational quality, carving the political and physical landscapes of our world.
Enjoy a 90 minute yoga class with Instructor Jenny Dominque.
This presentation examines human interactions with the Rio Grande from prehistoric time to the present day and explores what possibilities remain for the desert river.
A guided nature walk with the Open Space Division. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.
An annual event to celebrate the coming of the winter season. The mandala is made from a variety of seeds that feed migratory birds.