This Division enforces Comprehensive City Zoning Code and the Uniform Housing Code.
Contact: Brennon Williams, Code Enforcement Manager, 505-924-3454
The mission of the Code Enforcement Division is to ensure that properties within the City have dwelling units and structures that are decent, safe and sanitary and to create orderly, harmonious and economically sound development in order to promote the health, safety, convenience and general welfare of the citizens of the city.
To accomplish this goal, the Division works with tenants, residents, property owners, commercial owners and tenants and concerned neighborhood associations. This Division also plays a major role in the Safe City Strike Force and serves as staff to the Housing Advisory and Appeals Committee (HAAC).
Code Enforcement is located on the main and 5th floors of Plaza del Sol, 600 Second Street NW. Building and office hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., phone - 505-924-3850.
Additional information pertaining to Housing Code Enforcement can be found here.
Ordinances and Regulations
- Acknowledgement of Regulations for Annual Electronic Sign Permit
- Amendments to the Electronic Sign Ordinance
- Comprehensive City Zoning Code (American Legal link)
- Comprehensive City Zoning Code (Full document and Individual Section PDFs)
- Electronic Sign Regulations
- Housing Advisory and Appeals Committee (HAAC)
- Numbering of City Buildings (Address Verification Ordinance)
On-line Complaint Forms (click and submit)
- Business Registration Application - commercial [pdf, 162KB]
- Business Registration Application - home based business [pdf, 155KB]
- Family Day Care Application [pdf, 71.1KB]
- Liquor License Application [pdf, 86.9KB]
- Motor Vehicle Dealer Certification Application [pdf, 593KB]
- Supplemental Commercial Occupation Registration (for additional seating)
- Vacant Building Registration
- Wall/Fence/Sign Permit Application
- Zonal Certification Application
On-line Resources and Handouts
- Community Residential Program & Emergency Shelter Regulations - includes Application and Review Procedures
- Residential Code Complaint
- Weed Identification Handbook - 2012 - pictures and descriptions of Albuquerque's weeds
- Zoning Code Overview - an unofficial, simple look at Albuquerque's Zoning Code