The mission of the Office of the Independent Review Office (IRO) of the Police Oversight Commission includes:
- Provide independent oversight and instill confidence in the complaint process through comprehensive and impartial investigations of citizen complaints of police misconduct;
- Strengthen the relationship between Albuquerque Police Department and the community it serves;
- Propose meaningful policy recommendations to the Albuquerque Police Department;
- Review all Officer Involved Shooting cases; and
- Conduct outreach to the Albuquerque community.