Information about Public Safety Entrance & Promotional Selection.
What We Do
The Employment Testing Division is responsible for the development, validation, implementation, and administration of entry-level and promotional testing for the Albuquerque Police and Fire Departments. We make sure the city is compliant with applicable standards established by the Federal Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures, the Guidelines and Ethical Considerations for Assessment Center Operations , City Personnel Rules and Regulations Section 203 and Section 204, concerning promotions for public safety department officers.
The Employment Testing Division is responsible for entrance and promotional examinations for the Albuquerque Police and Fire Departments including:
Albuquerque Police Department (APD):
- APD Entrance Examinations
- APD Sergeant Promotional Process
- APD Lieutenant Promotional Process
- APD Bilingual Pay Testing
Albuquerque Fire Department (AFD):
- AFD Entrance Examination & Structured Oral Interview Process
- AFD Suppression Driver Promotional Process
- AFD Suppression & Paramedic Lieutenant Promotional Process
- AFD Captain Promotional Process
- AFD Commander Promotional Process
- AFD Bilingual Pay Testing
APD & AFD host useful study guides for their hiring and promotional processes:
We make a practice of maintaining strict control and confidentiality for all processes to ensure that all candidates have a fair and unbiased experience with the City. An example of a confidentiality agreement that each candidate and any other parties involved in a process must sign is available here.