Get 50% off single admission tickets to the Zoo or Aquarium & Botanic Garden.
July 10, 2013
The ABQ BioPark hosts its third Half-Price Weekend of the year on Saturday and Sunday, July 20 and 21. Saturday's guests can also celebrate the Dragonfly Festival at the Botanic Garden from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. The Zoo, Aquarium and Botanic Garden are open from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; ticket booths close at 5:30 p.m.
All single admission tickets will be half-off:
- NM citizens can visit the Zoo or Aquarium & Botanic Garden for $4.50 per adult and $2.25 per senior (65+) and $2 per child (3-12).
- Out-of-state visitors can visit the Zoo or Aquarium & Botanic Garden for $6.25 per adult and $2.75 per senior (65+) and $2 per child (3-12).
- Children under 3 are always free.
"Our summer activities are in full swing, and we hope families come for Half-Price Weekend to take advantage of the BioPark's special offerings," said Rick Janser, BioPark Director. "From animal feedings to strolling through the gardens to cooling off in the Aquarium with sea creatures, there's something for everyone this month."
Half-Price Weekend guests can enjoy a variety of activities (included with admission unless noted):
- On July 20 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., learn about one of the largest, most ancient insects on earth during the Dragonfly Festival at the Botanic Garden. See more flying beauties in the neighboring PNM Butterfly Pavilion.
- Watch a movie at the Aquarium Theater.
- Enjoy feedings at the Aquarium or special daily activities at the Zoo either day.
- Try to spot the snow leopard twins, Kira and Trini, and other zoo babies at the Zoo.
- Meet hyacinth macaws, sun conures and roadrunners in the Zoo's new Birds of the Americas exhibit.
- Go on an adventure around the globe during a World Animal Encounters Show at 11 a.m. or 2 p.m.
- Zoo guests can feed giraffes from noon - 1:30 p.m. and feed lorikeets from 10 - 11:30 a.m. and 2 - 3 p.m. ($2)
- Catch catfish and enjoy a picnic at Tingley Beach, open from sunrise to sunset and always free. (Anyone older than 12 years must have a valid NM fishing license to fish.)
- Tingley visitors can take a trip on a pedal boat between 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. ($10-14).
Half-price admission prices are available from any BioPark cashier from 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. on July 20 & 21. BioPark combo tickets, which include entrance to all three facilities and unlimited train rides, remain regularly priced. Online tickets also remain regularly priced. The next Half-Price Weekend is on Oct. 19 & 20. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 311 locally (505-768-2000).