The ABQ BioPark is creating a master plan for the Zoo, Botanic Garden, Tingley Beach and Aquarium.
We are pleased to announce the development of a Master Plan to guide repairs, renovations and new developments at the ABQ BioPark Zoo, Botanic Garden, Tingley Beach and Aquarium. The City-owned facility covers an extensive 150+ acres along the Rio Grande with nearly 100 buildings, thousands of animals, hundreds of thousands of plants and 1.2 million visitors annually.
We will host formal public meetings to collect public input. In the meantime, we appreciate your comments via one of the following methods:
- Comment Form: Submit our online form.
- Email: email@example.com. Please include your name and physical address in your email with the subject line “BioPark Master Plan.”
- Mail: Send written comments to ABQ BioPark, Attn: Master Planning Team, 903 10th Street SW, Albuquerque, NM 87102 . Please include your name and physical address.
- October 16-18 - The design team, NCA Architects and Jones and Jones Architecture, led an initial workshop with City and BioPark leaders to start the planning process.
- December & January - English and Spanish surveys asked for input from the community. What do you love about the facilities? What changes and improvements do you want to see? (Survey is now closed, but we still welcome comments. See section above.)
- January 16 - The first public information session included an introduction to the team and a presentation about the analysis of the BioPark’s current status—strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, future options.
- March 20 - The second public information session is planned fro 5:30-7pm at Barelas Senior Center.